Friday, September 20, 2013

Excel

I finally finshed my excel project. I found some great resources on youtube to help me. I couldn't figure how to do what i wanted on the readable tutorial. So I figured I would try my hands in learning a way that would work. I made a crossword puzzle and was able to insert pictures. It was not to long because I want to be able to adjust and modify for all different grades. I made a Halloween one that is fun to do. I am so proud of myself. Considering I am an older adult and learning technology that I sometimes don't think I can learn it. But I know now that I can do this and I will be okay. I can't believe that it took my all week to figure out that program. Excel is a program that has to be played with more often. This is something that I could use for the classroom and beyond. I think it could be helpful for highschoolers to explore.

3 comments:

  1. I completely understand what you mean with the tutorial; it took me a good half an hour before I not only found a tutorial I completely understood but one that I liked when it was all said and done.

    I like how you mentioned you included pictures in the crossword. I had this in mind at first but I eventually had each clue visible once the user hovered their mouse over the word space. Excel is still a mystery to me for the most part even though I've used it before, so I completely understand where you're coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! It is always nice to hear when someone is in the same boat as me. Then I don't feel alone in my learning. I am glad that I figured Excel out but it is not a program that one uses often. So remembering everything can be impossible. But I am saving the tutorials for reference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you were able to find what you were looking for and then able to create your Halloween Crossword. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete