Sunday, November 3, 2013

Fabulous Search Engines

Academic Info   I wasn't thrilled with how slowly it goes. I clicked on some of the information that it supplies. Let me say that it redirects you into another website. I didn't understand why, because it doesn't give you information. It just says (error). I wouldn't use this in the classroom.
I did like how it is in alphabetic order. You know what content you want to look at. But honestly it should be updated on it's site.

Eric I have to say this is one of the best sites for academic journals with peer reviews I have found. I can always be sure to find information that is legit and has the reviews I need. I think this is great site.
The only problem I had was when the government was shut down this year.

Google Scholar  I had to use this site before in my undergrad. My professor wanted us to try this out because we had to find information on late writers and we would get more information. She also let use this for writing a paper in my literature class. I like the site and it would be great for ELA teachers in the classroom. Students could do research at home.

1 comment:

  1. I've used both Eric and Google Scholar in the past with mixed results. I mentioned on my blog that I very heavily used Academic Search Elite and still do for my research; it has the functionality of Eric but for some reason I find the quality of my results to be better than that Eric provides. The only downfall is a fee is associated with using it as an individual not enrolled in a university, which hurts its credibility.

    ReplyDelete