Sunday, November 10, 2013

Web Based Tools


Sype- this free so anyone can use it even the teenagers. You can do a lot with this site, video calling, group, text, and file sharing. This would be great in classroom if anyone is out for a long time from school.

Acrobat--is great for business or teachers wanting to share ideas. This is nice because you can share the files and read them from your mobile devices. Who wouldn't want to have that kind of access. You will never leave home with your work. I say that laughing...haha

Tinychat--I don't think I want to be a part of this community at all. I think this is for wannabes who think they know something. When it looks like mostly kids on this site. It could be a dangerous place for teenagers.

Meeting Burner--I don't even want to to register for this at all. But from the readings it seems to look for professional business men and women. Not something I could use in the classroom.

GotToMeeting--this would be great for college students who can't meet directly with a group. I am always so found in group projects. Not really!! I think it could work in those situations that are not planned.

Yugma--another site that is free and similar to rest. I am not sure what one would be better then the others to use. But i think the only way to really know is to use one of the sites. But right now I have no classroom so I can explore what one would be useful.

Webex--you can use it for free or buy for the upgrade. This site is good for trainings and web events you want to introduce to clients and employees. 

I can"t say if I like one over the other from these websites. I am sure they all would be useful for the classroom. I always hear about Skype being the most popular one to use. I think it would be great if I could try them out in my own classroom but right now that is not going to happen. That is why I choose to let you know about each of the sites. You taake your pick what site would be benifical for your classroom. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with many of your observations; a great deal of these applications and software options seem more adapted and geared towards business tycoons than individuals wanting to hold a simple video conference or teachers looking for collaboration means. For me, Skype has never proved me wrong or let me down; I noted how Yugma has a "Skype add-on" as a means to connect further with the most popular video conferencing tool, a feature I like above the options that the others provide!

    ReplyDelete